Thursday, September 20, 2007

Day 4 - Melvin - History of My Broken Heart

The file is here. No music video, yet, as far as I know.

Wow. This is the last song I voted for on SongFight!, and my favorite Melvin song so far. Great rock shuffle feel. Energetic drum performance, good sound. Good lyrics, good vocal performance. Great bass line, awesome bass tone. Rhythm guitar doesn't stand out, but it works well. Lead guitar is perfect for the song. Great verse, great chorus, great bridge. Catchy as shit. I couldn't help but singing along after two or three listens. Everything on this track is perfect. No complaints. About anything. Fantastic. It almost won, too. I should have gone to the library and voted this one up. Kidding. I do have ethics. But wow. All the elements work so well together. This is brilliant pop art. Since Melvin's apparently pursuing commercial opportunities, and he's got the skills to contend with the big name acts, he ought to be famous before the decade's out. Luckily, he's still songfighting regularly. Check out his stuff at SF before I have to move him to Wednesdays and Saturdays!

No comments: